Phylogenetic placement of NA reads

Continuing my attempts to place these short reads in an evolutionary context, I’ve decided to use all the ‘NA’ OCTUs (which still had no match after the Enoplid DB was added in) from both the A and B datasets clustered at 99%.

Jess had been using the ARB PT server and SILVA reference (non-redundant) database, so that’s what I’ve decided to try and use for aligning my reads (vs. the SINA webaligner and its crappy 300 sequences at a time).  The whole SILVA NR REF database was used to build the User 1 PT server

The ARB database containing the Eukarya Reference alignment only is called SSU_102_SILVA_Eukarya2.arb ; All Reference alignment sequences have been tagged with EukaryaREF in the import field.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: